- import, intention or purpose
- 1748, w:David Hume, David Hume, s:An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding
- PART II., An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding
- : My practice, you say, refutes my doubts. But you mistake the of my question.
verb (rfc-level, Verb at L4+ not in L3 Ety section)
- Dutch: (t, nl, doel, n), (t, nl, intentie, f), (t, nl, gewicht, n)
- To convey, imply, or profess outwardly.
- To have the appearance of being intending, claiming, etc.
Etymology: From (term, portare, lang=la).(rfe, some more explanation would be nice)
- Dutch: (t, nl, laten) (t, nl, uitschijnen), (t, nl, schijnen) (t, nl, te)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for purport for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.