- A colour/color that is a dark blend of red and blue; dark magenta.
- <table><tr><td height="25">purple colour: </td><td bgcolor="purple" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Dutch: purper, paars
- French: violet
- French, violet
- German: purpur,lila,violett
- Italian: porpora
- Spanish: morado , píºrpura
Translations: Etymology: From Latin purpura
- Having a colour/color that is a dark blend of red and blue.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for purple for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.