- Any of various small seabirds of the genera Fratercula and Lunda that are black and white with a brightly coloured beak.
- 1894, w:Rudyard Kipling, Rudyard Kipling, s:The Jungle Book, The Jungle Book, The White Seal
- : Naturally the Chickies and the Gooverooskies and the Epatkas"the Burgomaster Gulls and the Kittiwakes and the Puffins, who are always looking for a chance to be rude, took up the cry, and"so Limmershin told me"for nearly five minutes you could not have heard a gun fired on Walrus Islet.
- Dutch: (t, nl, papegaaiduiker, m), alk(nl)m
- French: (t, fr, macareux, m)
- Italian: pulcinella di mare(it)f
- Spanish: (t, es, frailecillo, m)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for puffin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.