- (countable) A sharp exhalation of a small amount of breath through the mouth.
- (uncountable) The ability to breathe easily while exerting oneself.
- out of puff
- (countable) A small quantity of gas or smoke in the air.
- puff of smoke
- puff of wind
- (context, informal, countable) An act of inhale, inhaling smoke from a cigarette, cigar or pipe.
- (context, uncountable, slang) The drug cannabis.
- (countable) A light cake filled with cream, cream cheese, etc.
- cream puff
- (context, derogatory, slang, UK, particularly northern UK) a homosexual; a poof
- Spanish: bocanadas
- French: bouffée
(trans-top, act of inhaling smoke from a cigarette, cigar or pipe)
(trans-top, slang: cannabis)
(trans-top, type of cake)
Translations: Etymology: pyffian
- (intransitive) To emit smoke, gas, etc., in puffs.
- (intransitive) To pant.
- (transitive) To advertise (archaic)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for puff for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.