- A person with a personality disorder indicated by a pattern of lying, exploitiveness, heedlessness, arrogance, sexual promiscuity, low self-control, and lack of empathy and remorse. Such an individual may be especially prone to violent and criminal offenses.
- A person diagnosed with antisocial or dissocial personality disorder.
- A person who has no moral conscience.
Popular A person who perpetrates especially gruesome or bizarre violent acts.
Etymology: :From psychopatisch, from psyche "soul" + pathos "suffering".
- German: Psychopath , Psychopatin
- Italian: psicopatico , psicopatica
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for psychopath for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.