- (obsolete) A plum.
- The dried, wrinkled fruit of certain species of plum.
verb (prun, ing)
- French: pruneau(fr)m
- German: Backpflaume , Trockenpflaume
- Italian: prugna secca(it)f
- (transitive) To remove excess material from a tree or shrub; to trim, especially to make more healthy or productive.
- A good grape grower will prune his vines once a year.
- (transitive) (figuratively) To cut down or shorten (by the removal of unnecessary material); as, to prune a budget.
- Section 3, in its early paragraphs, is a pruning and reshaping of THN 1.1.4"6.
- Italian: accorciare(it), ridurre(it)
- French: élaguer(fr)
- German: beschneiden(de)
- Spanish: podar(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prune for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.