verb (provid, ing)
- To make a living; earn money for necessities.
- To act to prepare for something.
- To determine the form of some situations, by means of a stipulation or condition.
- To give what is needed or desired, especially basic needs.
- To furnish with, cause to be present.
- To make possible or attainable.
- Dutch: voorzien
- French: pourvoir
- German: versehen
- Italian: provvedere
- Spanish: proveer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for provide for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.