- Something that is owned.
- Leave those books alone! They are my property.
- A parcel of land with a single owner.
- There is a large house on the property.
- The exclusive right of possessing, enjoying, and disposing of a thing.
- (rfquote) country property, Country property
- An attribute or abstract quality associated with an object.
- Matter can have many properties, including color, mass and density.
- (computing) An editable parameter associated with an application, or its value.
- You need to set the debugging property to "verbose".
Etymology: From < propriete (French: propriété) < proprietatem.
- Dutch: eigendom(nl)n
- French: propriété(fr)f
- German: Eigenschaft
- Italian: proprietí (it)f
- Spanish: propriedad (obsolete), propiedad
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for property for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.