- the assignment of something to a period of time that preceeds it.
- the representation of something which has ocurred before its time.
- I'm a dead man.
Etymology: Greek anticipation
- A grammar, grammatical construction that consists of placing an element in a syntactic unit before that to which it would logically correspond.
- That noise, I just heard it again.
- A Philosophy, philosophical concept used in ancient epistemology to indicate a so-called "preconception", i.e. a pre-theoretical notion which can lead to true knowledge of the world.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prolepsis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.