- something which projects, protrudes, juts out, sticks out, or stands out
- The face of the cliff had many projections which are big enough for birds to nest on.
- a forecast or prognosis obtained by extrapolation
- (psychology) an assumption that others have similar thoughts as oneself
- (photography) the image that a translucent object casts onto another object
- (geometry) something like a shadow, that an object casts onto another object.
- (mathematics) transformations of one thing into something else, e.g. applications of functions.
- German: Prognose , Vorhersage
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for projection for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.