- A planned endeavor, usually with a specific goal and accomplished in several steps or stages.
- An urban low-income housing building.
- Dutch, project
- French: projet
- German: Projekt
- Italian: progetto
- Spanish: proyecto
- (intransitive) To extend beyond a surface.
- (transitive) To cast (an image or shadow) upon a surface.
- (transitive) To extend (a protrusion or appendage) outward.
- (transitive) To make plans for; to forecast.
- The CEO is projecting the completion of the acquisition by April 2007.
Etymology: Noun is from projectum and verb is from projectus.
- German: projizieren, planen
- French: projeter
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for project for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.