- A set of structured activity, activities.
verb (programm, ing)
- Our for today"s exercise class includes swimming and jogging.
- A leaflet listing information about a play, game or other activity. (rfex)
- A performance of a show or other broadcast on radio or television.
- Tonight"s was sponsored by the Wiktionary dictionary and Wikipedia encyclopedia.
- (context, Computing): A software application, or a collection of software applications, designed to perform a specific task.
- The runs on both Linux and Microsoft WindowsÂ®.
- A particular mindset or method of doing things.
- Come on, John, why don"t you get with the and tell him where the detonators are? " Ellis in the movie Die Hard.
- (transitive) To enter a program or other instructions into a computer (or other electronic device) to instruct it to do a particular task.
- He programmed the DVR to record his favorite show.
- (transitive) To put together the schedule of an event.
- Mary will Tuesday"s festivities.
Etymology: From programma, from .
- Dutch: vastleggen(nl), plannen(nl)
- German: programmieren(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for program for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.