Translations: verb (profil, ing)
- (countable) the outermost shape, view, or edge of an object
- His fingers traced the of the handle.
- (countable} the shape, view, or shadow of a person's head from the side
- The brooch showed the of a Victorian woman.
- (countable) a summary or collection of information, especially about a person
- Law enforcement assembled a of the suspect.
- (uncountable) reputation
- (uncountable) the amount by which something protrudes
- Choose a handle with a low so it does not catch on things.
- (uncountable) prominence; noticeability
- Acting is, by nature, profession in which one must keep a high .
Translations: Etymology: From profilo.
- to create a summary or collection of information, especially about a person
- to act based on such a summary; especially, to act on a stereotype. See profiling.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for profile for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.