- a device, or part of a device, used to explore, investigate or measure
- Insert the into the soil and read the temperature.
- an investigation or inquiry
- They launched a into the cause of the accident.
proper noun Probe
- Italian: inchiesta , investigazione
- French: sonde , enquíªte
verb (prob, es)
- a model of Ford automobile
- (context, transitive, intransitive) To explore, investigate, or question
- If you further, you may discover different reasons.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for probe for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.