- That which is taken from another; something captured; a thing seized by force, stratagem, or superior power.
- (context, military, nautical) Anything captured by a belligerent using the rights of war; esp., property captured at sea in virtue of the rights of war, as a vessel.
- An honour or reward striven for in a competitive contest; anything offered to be competed for, or as an inducement to, or reward of, effort.
- That which may be won by chance, as in a lottery.
- Anything worth striving for; a valuable possession held or in prospect.
- A contest for a reward; competition.
- A lever; a pry; also, the hold of a lever.
verb (priz, ing)
- Dutch: (t, nl, hendel, m)
- Spanish: premio(es)m
- French: prix(fr)m
- German: Preis(de)m
- Italian: premio(it)m
- To consider something highly valuable.
- To move with a lever; to force up or open; to pry.
- Dutch: (t, nl, wrikken), (t, nl, openwrikken)
- Spanish: apreciar(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prize for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.