- (grammar) The prepositional case.
- French: prépositionnel
- Spanish: caso preposicional
Translations: Etymology: This is a calque from the Greek (a setting before): pre- < Latin prí- (before); + position < Old French posicion < Latin positio (placing, putting) < posit-, pp. of ponere (to lay, put, place, set) < Proto-Indo-European
- Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a preposition.
- (grammar) Of the prepositional case.
- po-s(i)nere <
- apo- (off, away) +
- sinere (to leave, to let); + adjective suffix -al from Latin -alis.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prepositional for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.