- The head of a country's cabinet, see Prime minister.
- (Australia, Canada) The head of a state or provincial government.
- (context, nautical, slang) the first lieutenant or other second-in-command officer of a ship
- French: premier ministre (1,2)
- German: Ministerprí¤zident adjective
Translations: Etymology: From Adjective 2, premier (as an adjective).
- Foremost, very first or very highest in quality or degree.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for premier for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.