verb (predominates, predominating, predominated)
- (intransitive) To dominate, have control, or succeed by superior numbers or size.
- (intransitive) To be prominent; to loom large; to be the chief component of a whole.
- (transitive) To dominate or hold power over, especially through numerical advantage; to outweigh.
- Italian: predominare (all)
- (nonstandard) predominant
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for predominate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.