- Steep, like a precipice; as, a precipitous cliff or mountain.
- Headlong; as, precipitous fall.
- Hasty; rash; quick; sudden; precipitate; as, precipitous attempts.
- 2007, J. Michael Fay, Ivory Wars: Last Stand in Zakouma, National Geographic (March 2007), 46,
- : ...humans have been responsible for a decline of elephants, from perhaps 300,000 in the early 1970s to some 10,000 today.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for precipitous for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.