- (countable) A loud, sharp sound as of a cork coming out of a bottle.
verb (popp, ing)
- Listen to the of a Champagne cork.
- (context, uncountable, colloquial) an effervescent or fizzy drink most frequently nonalcoholic; soda pop.
- Shortened from pop shot, take quick, possibly unaimed, shot with a firearm. Possibly confusion, by assonance, with pot as in pot shot.
- The man with the gun took a pop at the rabbit.
- (colloquial) a portion, a quantity dispensed.
- They cost 50 pence a pop.
- (ergative) to burst something
- The boy with the pin popped the balloon.
- to act suddenly, unexpectedly or quickly.
- to hit.
- He gave me a on the nose.
- to ejaculate.
- Shortened form of popular; a style of modern art.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.