- An election or a survey of a particular group.
- The student council had a to see what people want served in the cafeteria.
- The network hub polled the department's computers to determine which ones could still respond.
- a place voters cast ballots
- The polls close at 8 p.m.
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : ...the doctor, as if to hear better, had taken off his powdered wig, and sat there, looking very strange indeed with his own close-cropped black .
- (transitive) To solicit mock votes from (a person or group).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for poll for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.