- The practice of responding to conflict with dialogue.
- Set of policies relating to governmental and legal matters
- I don"t like his politics.
- campaigning, Campaigning or arguing for a set of policies, or maneuvering for power
- I want to go into politics.
- The study of disputes between rival political factions.
- Favoritism is the only use of politics. Richard L Kempe
- Political affairs of life, party politics, local politics.
- He"s thinking of going into politics, e.g., trying to become a Member of Parliament.
- Political views or beliefs.
- What are your politics?
- rivalry between political parties
- They"re not concerned with welfare: it"s all politics!
Etymology: From the adjective politic, by analogy with Aristotle"s " " ('affairs of state').
- Dutch: politiek
- French: politique
- German: Politik
- Italian: politica
- Spanish: política
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for politics for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.