noun (plural pluses or plusses)
- A positive quantity.
- An asset or useful addition.
- He is a real to the team.
- (arithmetic) A plus sign: +.
- Dutch: meerwaarde ,
- French: plus
- Being positive rather than negative or zero.
- -2 ("minus 2 times minus 2 equals four")
- Positive, or involving advantage.
- He is a factor.
- (physics) electrically, Electrically positive.
- A battery has both a pole and a minus pole.
Etymology: From plusLatin, plus "more".
- Dutch: positief,
- French: positif
- Italian: positivo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plus for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.