- (intransitive) To grow
- Adjective, plump; to swell out; as, her cheeks have plumped.
- (intransitive) To drop or fall suddenly or heavily, all at once.
- (intransitive) To give a plumper.
- (transitive) To make plump; to fill (out) or support; often with up.
- (transitive) To cast or let drop all at once, suddenly and heavily; as, to plump a stone into water.
- (transitive) To give (a vote), as a plumper.
- Having a full and rounded shape; chubby.
- fat, Fat.
- directly, Directly; suddenly; perpendicularly.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plump for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.