- a document filed in a lawsuit
- past participle of plead
- Of or pertaining to that which pleads.
- 1955, w:í‰mile Zola, í‰mile Zola, Ann Lindsay, Earth, p. 251:
- : Franchise, relaxed and soothed by the vagueness of a surrender set so far in the future, simply took hold of his two hands to make him behave himself and looked at him with her pretty eyes " the eyes of a sensitive woman who didn't want to risk having a child by anyone but her husband.
- 1999, w:Simone de Beauvoir, Simone de Beauvoir, The Mandarins, p. 599:
- : With a look, she raised her eyes to him.
- 1993, w:Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Psalms, p. 225:
- : Have but a heart and God will have a plenteous hand.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pleading for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.