- An animal kept as a companion.
- One who is excessively loyal to their superior.
verb (pet, t, ing)
- Dutch: huisdier
- French: animal familier
- German: Haustier
- Spanish: cacho , gorro , mascota
- (transitive) To stroke or fondle (an animal).
- (context, transitive, informal) To stroke or fondle (another person) amorously.
- (context, intransitive, informal) Of two or more people, to stroke and fondle one another amorously.
- Dutch: (t, nl, strelen)
- French: (t, fr, se peloter)
- Italian: accarezzare(it)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.