- A person who lives or has lived with his or her parents as long as the parents are or were alive, and afterwards requires someone else to be looked after by. A person who is adult in stature but is still not capable of living as an independent adult.
Many autistic adults have been portrayed as perpetual children.
- A person who is treated like a child for life.
Parents should raise future adults, not perpetual children.
- Dutch: eeuwig kind
- French: enfant perpétuel
- German: unaufhí¶rliches Kind
- Italian: bambino perpetuo , bambina perpetua
- Spanish: nií~+mn~o perpetuo , nií~+mn~a perpetua
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for perpetual child for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.