- a female given name, diminutive of Peggy
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Peg for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Translations: verb (peg, g, ing)
- A cylindrical wooden, metal etc. object used to fasten or as a bearing between objects.
- A protrusion used to hang things on.
- (cribbage) A peg moved on a crib board to keep score.
Etymology: & pegge, probably cognate and rhymed with wegge.
- To fasten using a peg.
- To narrow the cuff openings of a pair of pants so that the legs take on a peg shape.
- To pin down or otherwise affix using a pin.
- To throw.
- (cribbage) To move one's pegs to indicate points scored.
- To indicate or ascribe, as "He's been pegged as a suspect." Usage assumed to originate from the use of pegs or pins as markers on a bulletin board or a list.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for peg for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.