- A soft mixture, in particular:
- One of flour, fat, or similar ingredients used in making pastry.
- One of pounded foods, such as fish paste, liver paste, or tomato paste.
- One used as an adhesive, esp. for putting up wallpapers, etc.
- A hard lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone made from this glass.
verb (past, ing)
- German: Kleister
- Spanish: engrudo
(trans-top, lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone thereof)
- French: pí¢te
- (transitive) To stick with paste; to cause to adhere by or as if by paste.
- (context, intransitive, computing) To insert a piece of text previously copied or cut from somewhere else.
- (transitive) To strike or beat someone or something.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for paste for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.