Translations: verb (parol, ing)
- The release of (a prisoner) on the understanding that he/she checks in regularly and obeys the law.
- The amount of time a prisoner spends on limited release.
- A limited sense of freedom.
- (linguistics) Language in use, as opposed to language as a system.
- (transitive) To release (a prisoner) on the understanding that s/he checks in regularly and obeys the law.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for parole for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.