- A room for talking, especially the room in a monastery or convent where residents can talk with visitors.
- (context, dated) The living room of a house, or a room for entertaining guests.
- (archaic) A comfortable room in a public house.
- (context, originally, US) A shop or other business selling goods specified by context.
Etymology: From Anglo-Norman parlur or Old French parleor, from parler "to speak".
- German: Wohnzimmer :de:Wohnzimmer, (de) , Salon :de:Salon, (de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for parlour for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.