- An organized procession consisting of a series of consecutive displays, performances, exhibits, etc. displayed by moving down a street past a crowd.
- The floats and horses in the were impressive, but the marching bands were really amazing.
- Any succession, series, or display of items.
- The dinner was a of courses, each featuring foods more elaborate than the last.
- A line of goslings lead by one parent and often trailed by the other.
- A street, avenue or road.
- He was parked on Chester Parade.
verb (parad, ing)
- Dutch: parade , optocht
- French: parade
- German: Folge , Abfolge
- Italian: parata
- Spanish: serie
- (intransitive) To march or to display
- They paraded around the field, simply to show their discipline.
- (transitive) To display or show
- They paraded dozens of fashions past the crowd.
- (transitive) To march past
- After the field show, it is customary to the stands before exiting the field.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for parade for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.