- A person who furthers the illicit love-affairs of others; a pimp or procurer, especially when male. (Later panderer.)
- An offer of illicit sex with a third party.
- An illicit or illegal offer, usually to tempt.
- German: (1) Zuhí¤lter , Kuppler
- Italian: (1) Magnaccia , Pappone
- (intransitive) To offer illicit sex with a third party; to pimp.
- (intransitive) To tempt with, to appeal to (improper motivations etc.); to assist in the gratification of.
- His latest speech simply panders to the worst instincts of the electorate.
Etymology: From Chaucer's character w:Pandarus, Pandare (in w:Troilus and Criseyde, Troilus and Criseyde), from Italian w:Pandarus, Pandaro (found in w:Boccaccio, Boccaccio), from Latin w:Pandarus, Pandarus, from Greek . (See also Shakespeare's wikibooks:Troilus and Cressida, Troilus and Cressida)
- German: (1) kuppeln, (2) an etw. appelieren
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pander for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.