- One who loves, supports, or favours peace; one who is pro-peace.
- One who avoids violence.
- One who opposes violence and is anti-war.
- 2004: w: Chris Wallace (journalist), Chris Wallace, Character: Profiles in Presidential Courage
- :No matter what "flubdubs and flapdoodle mollycoddles" might say, the President Teddy Roosevelt knew that if there were a general war then America could well be drawn into it.
- One who is pro-peace but supports war and the use of violence.
- 1917: w:H. G. Wells, H. G. Wells, War and the Future
- :Of course, we are all pacifists nowadays ... most of the people I meet, and most of the people I met on my journey, are pacifists like myself who want to make peace by beating the armed man until he gives in and admits the error of his ways, disarming him and reorganising the world for the forcible suppression of military adventures in the future.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pacifist for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.