- One who sets the pace in a race, to guide the others.
- (anatomy) A set of nerves which stimulate the heart to beat.
- (context, hence) A medical implement that is used to stimulate a heart to beat by simulating the action of the natural pacemaker.
- French: stimulateur cardiaque , pacemaker
- German: Herzschrittmacher(de)m
- Italian: pacemaker(it)m
- Spanish: marcapaso , marcapasos , estimulador cardíaco
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pacemaker for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.