- (uncountable) The act of orienting or the state of being oriented.
- (uncountable) position relative to compass bearings
- (uncountable) the construction of a Christian church to have its aisle in an east-west direction with the altar at the east end
- (countable) an inclination, tendency or direction
- (countable) adjustment to a new environment
- (context, typography, countable) the direction of print across the page; landscape or portrait
- (context, mathematics, countable) on a real vector space, a choice of which ordered bases are "positively" oriented and which are "negatively" oriented
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for orientation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.