noun (most common Commonwealth variant of organization -- note: many in the Commonwealth, especially Canadians, as well as Oxford University Press and many British publishers prefer the 'z'-spelling.)
- The quality of being organised.
- This painting shows little organisation at first glance, but little by little the structure becomes clear.
- A group of people or other legal entities with an explicit purpose and written rules.
- In response to the crisis, the nations in the region formed an organisation.
- If you want to be part of this organisation, you have to follow its rules.
- A group of people consciously co-operating.
- Over time, the spontaneous movement had become an organisation.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for organisation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.