- An ordinal number such as first, second and third.
- The commonest numerals in Latin, as in English, are the "cardinals"...and the "ordinals"... " F. M. Wheelock, Wheelock"s Latin, 6th ed. revised (2005), p97
- Dutch: rangtelwoord
- French: ordinal (pl ordinaux), nombre ordinal (pl nombres ordinaux)
- German: Ordinalzahl
- Of a number, indicating position in a sequence.
Etymology: ordinalis, adjective formed from noun ordo, order, + adjective suffix -alis
- French: ordinal, ordinaux m pl
- Spanish: ordinal /
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ordinal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.