- A subjective thought that a person has formed about a topic or issue.
- Dutch: mening , opinie , visie , zienswijze , gedachte
- French: avis
- French, avis , opinion
- German: Meinung , Ansicht , Anschauung
- Italian: opinione , concetto
- Spanish: opinión
- (transitive) To have or express as an opinion.
- 1658: But if (as some ) King Ahasuerus were Artaxerxes Mnemon ..., our magnified Cyrus was his second Brother " Sir Thomas Browne, The Graden of Cyrus (Folio Society 2007, p. 166)
Etymology: From Anglo-Norman / Middle French French, opinion, from opinio, from opinari "opine".
- Dutch: van mening zijn dat, opinií«ren
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for opinion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.