- (some video games) an additional life or an object that increases the player's number of chances or "lives" by one
Translations: verb , one-up
- If you hit that block, you can get a one-up.
- (idiom) To outdo, to do something slightly better than a competitor did last time
- Every year the neighbors try to one-up each other with their holiday light displays.
- German: um eine Nasenlí¤nge voraus sein
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for one up for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.