verb (observ, ing)
- (transitive) To notice or view, especially carefully or with attention to detail.
- From this vantage point we can the behavior of the animals in their natural habitat.
- (transitive) To follow the custom, practice, or rules (especially of a religion.)
- Please all posted speed limits.
- (intransitive) To comment on something; to make an observation.
- The senator observed that the bill would be detrimental to his constituents.
- Dutch: observeren
- French: respecter, observer
- German: beobachten
- Italian: osservare
- Spanish: observar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for observe for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.