verb (obscures, obscuring, obscured)
- (transitive) To darken, make faint etc.
- (transitive) To hide, put out of sight etc.
- "I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity." Bill Watterson, Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat page 62
- Dark, faint or indistinct
- "I found myself in an wood . ." Dante, Inferno,1,1-2
- hidden, out of sight or inconspicuous
- Dutch: duister
- French: obscur
- German: obskur
- Italian: oscuro
- Spanish: obscuro
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for obscure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.