verb (obfuscat, ing)
- To make dark; overshadow
- To deliberately make more confusing in order to conceal the truth.
- Before leaving the scene, the murderer set a fire to any evidence of his or her identity.
- (computing) To alter code while preserving its behavior but conceal its structure and intent.
- We need to these classes before we ship the final release.
- German: obfuskieren
- Italian: offuscare, ottenebrare
- French: obscurcir
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for obfuscate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.