- Of, resembling, relating to, or consisting of a name or names.
- Assigned to or bearing a person's name.
- Existing in name only.
- (philosophy) Of or relating to nominalism.
- Insignificantly small; trifling.
Translations: Etymology: From the nominalle "of nouns" < nominalis, nÅminÄlis "of names" < nomen, nÅmen "name".
- a sum
- Of or relating to the presumed or approximate value, rather than the actual value.
- The voltage is 1.5 V, but the actual figure is usually higher.
- (context, business) Of, relating to, or being the amount or face value of a sum of money or a stock certificate, for example, and not the purchasing power or market value.
- (context, business) Of, relating to, or being the rate of interest or return without adjustment for compounding or inflation.
- (grammar) Of or relating to a noun or word group that functions as a noun.
- a phrase
- (context, engineering) According to plan or design.
- a flight check
- (economics) Without adjustment to remove the effects of inflation; contrasted with real.
- nominal wage
- nominal GNP
- (statistics) Of a variable: having values whose order is insignificant.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for nominal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.