- New information of interest.
- Is there any about the storm?
- That's to me.
- Reports of current events broadcast via media such as newspapers or television.
- Did you listen to the tonight?
Etymology: Plural of obsolete noun "newNoun, new", meaning "something that is new"; not, as is sometimes assumed, an acronym for "North, East, West, South" or anything else.
- Dutch: journaal (on television), nieuws
- French: téléjournal (on television)
- German: Nachricht , Nachrichten
- Italian: telegiornale (on television)
- Spanish: telediario
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for news for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.