- A nonaligned state, or a member of such a state
- A person who takes no side in a dispute
- A neutral hue
- The position of a set of gears in which power cannot be transmitted to the drive mechanism
- An electrical terminal that is not electrified
- German: Leerlaufstellung , Ruhelage
- French: point mort
- Spanish: punto muerto , punto neutral
(trans-top, An electrical terminal that is not electrified)
- Not taking sides in a conflict such as war; nonaligned.
- Favouring neither the supporting nor opposing viewpoint of a topic of debate; unbiased.
- (grammar) Neither positive nor negative.
- Neither beneficial nor harmful.
- Having no sex; neuter.
- Having no obvious colour; gray
- (physics) Neither positive nor negative; possessing no charge or equivalent positive and negative charge such that there is no imbalance.
- (chemistry) Having a pH of 7, neither acidic nor alkaline.
Etymology: From neutral (French: neutre), from neutralis.
- Dutch: neutraal
- French: neutre
- Italian: neutrale
- Spanish: neutral
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for neutral for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.