- Any of several members of the infra-order Simiiformes of primates, generally smaller than the apes, and distinguished from them by having a tail and cheek pouches.
- (context, informal) A mischievous child.
- Stop misbehaving, you little !
- (context, UK, slang) Five-hundred pounds sterling.
- (slang) A person or the role of the person on the sidecar platform of a motorcycle involved in sidecar racing.
verb (monkeys, monkeying, mokeyed or monkied, mokeyed or monkied)
- Dutch: apenjong, brutale aap
- French: guenon(fr, singe, m, t+, fr)f
- German: Affe(de)m
- Italian: scimmia(it)f
- Spanish: mono
- (informal) To meddle; to mess with; to interfere; to fiddle.
Etymology: From ; compare (MLG.) Moneke, name of the ape's son in the tale of Reynard the Fox.
- ''Please don't with the controls if you don't know what you're doing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for monkey for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.