- A process by which a task is completed; a routine.
- The study of a specific field of inquiry
- A type of theatrical acting wherein the actor utilizes his personal emotions from personal experience to portray a scripted scene
- (complang) In object-oriented languages, a subroutine or function belonging to a class or object.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (methodos) "pursuit of knowledge, investigation, mode of prosecuting such inquiry, system", from , - (met,meth-) "in the midst of, among, between, in common, along with, by aid of" + (odos) "way, motion, journey".
- Dutch: methode
- French: méthode
- German: Art und Weise (1), Methode (1,2)
- Italian: metodo
- Spanish: método
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for method for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.