noun (see individual senses for plurals)
- ( media) The nature of the surrounding environment, eg solid, liquid, gas, vacuum, or a specific substance such as a solvent.
- ( media) The material or empty space through which signals, waves or forces pass.
- ( media) A format for communicating or presenting information.
- ( media) A nutrient solution for the growth of cells in vitro
- ( media) The means or channel by which an aim is achieved.
- ( mediums) A liquid base which carries pigment in paint.
- ( mediums) Someone who supposedly conveys information from the spirit world
- ( mediums) Anything having a measurement intermediate between extremes, such as a garment or container.
- ( mediums) A person whom garments or apparel of intermediate size fit.
- of intermediate size
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for medium for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.