- A treatment or cure.
- A substance which specifically promotes healing when ingested or consumed in some way.
- The study of the cause, diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of disease or illness.
- The profession of physicians and surgeons; those who practice .
- Ritual Native American magic used to promote a desired outcome, in hunting, warfare, etc.
Etymology: (term, lang=enm, medicin) < (term, medicina, medicÄna)
- Dutch: geneeskunde(nl)
- French: médecine(fr)f
- German: Medizin(de)f
- Italian: clinica(it, medicina, f}}, t+, it)f
- Spanish: medicina(es)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for medicine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.